Saturday, April 4, 2009

Coupon Etiquette...



Coupon Etiquette.... Yeah, even in the crazy world of couponing, there are a few etiquette "rules" that experienced and newbie couponers practice... or should practice. Sometimes not everyone plays by the rules, or might not even know some of the "un-written" rules...


For instance... The other day, I was minding my own business... I stopped at a local gas station on my way to work with my son... He says he is thirsty and wants a donut. In the store we go in search of a drink and a donut! While picking a drink out for myself, I notice there is a what we call a "Tear Pad" of coupon on the glass door in front of Powerade. Since I was purchasing two of them. I peel a coupon off to read it and discover that if I took extra, I could get them FREE at Fry's with my handy Raincheck! So, I start peeling away! I took about half the pad and went onto the cashier to pay for the donut and drinks! On my way out, I notice a huge section of cases of Powerade and two more pads of coupons... I didn't take anymore, since I already took some and off I went about my day! Later on that day, I started feeling guilty about taking so many coupons... So I reach out to my trusted friend Katherine and ask her what she'd do in a situation with Tear Pads... I learn the etiquette quick! You take some and you leave some! You always leave SOME! Now, I admit, sometimes it is easy for me to be greedy in life, especially if it is Lemonade or Tamales... But since I know there are other people out there who use coupons and we are in a Recession... I don't let my greedy side come out too often! LOL


Getting back to the tear pads... So after learning the rules of Tear Pads, I figured since I left 2 1/2 pads I am good... Later on that night, we went back for some OJ... I take my trusty PIC (Partner In Crime) with me. I tell him that if there is any more coupons left, to take some... and be sure to leave some! well the obvious tear pad was totally wiped out, but there were still some on the cases. My PIC has no fear, and he delivers A LOT!


Each one of these coupons is good for 2 bottles of Powerade! We drink these daily, especially during the warmer months. I am so excited and can't wait to pick them up at Fry's! One cashier told me they have "More coupons in the back"! So she said to check back in a couple days! I think I have more than my fair share, so I am going to leave that for someone else!




I did give some to my SIL and also gave her a raincheck so she could get the powerade for free for her husband and his workers! Since they pay out of pocket-DAILY, full price for these too, it will save them some hard earned cash!






How do I get my son to be my PIC? Well, having a teenager boy who ALWAYS wants something... now he has to EARN it... by being my PIC ...No questions asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment